Working with Us
Bristol Myers Squibb gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally alongside smart, creative and talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients battle serious diseases. Doing amazing things with people you like and admire isn’t something you can find just anywhere.
The work means everything, and so do the people you work with. Your future colleagues at Bristol Myers Squibb are impacting lives every day. Whether it's bringing more than a dozen key medicines to market since 2009, or expanding patient access to medicine, our commitment to patients drives innovation in our pipeline and guides our action as a responsible corporate citizen.
Our Diverse and Inclusive Culture
All around the world, employees who work for our company embody our mission to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Together, their unyielding focus on patients defines the company’s culture and distinguishes Bristol Myers Squibb among its peers. Our inclusive culture encourages all to pursue innovative ideas, develop leadership capabilities and gain valuable, diverse experiences to shape exciting careers.
We are committed to celebrating the diversity of our people. Our eight employee-led People and Business Resource Groups offer employees opportunities to use their unique skills and perspectives to support our company, our communities and our patients around the world.
While we have devoted thousands of words and numerous pictures to try to describe what patient focus means at Bristol Myers Squibb, no one can do this as well as our own employees in their own words. So here we feature several of our colleagues sharing their own views on the subject, from their own perspectives, based on their own experiences.
Meet Our Team in Tampa, FL
Find out why possibility lives at Bristol Myers Squibb
Asha on Skills 2 Give
We demonstrate ethics, integrity and quality in everything we do for patients, customers and colleagues
We pursue disruptive and bold solutions for patients
We move together with speed and quality because patients are waiting
Our dedication to learning and excellence helps us to deliver exceptional results
We all own BMS’ success and strive to be transparent and deliver on our commitments
We embrace diversity and foster an environment where we can all work together at our full potential
Developing our people
Our mission to enhance the lives of our patients requires an investment in a strong learning culture. By providing valuable learning opportunities, connecting you to your passion, and helping you achieve your personal aspirations, we are empowering you to make a difference.
Access thousands of interactive online resources to gain the skills you need, when you need them. Our expansive library of resources covers a wide range of special interest topics in multiple languages through a variety of top learning and development resources powered by LinkedIn Learning.
Engage with instructors and fellow students for half-day or up to three-day programs in a virtual or classroom setting.
- Leadership & Management Programs: Empowering you to tackle important business issues, develop inclusive leadership skills and helping you to advance your career to meet your aspirations.
- Catalyst and Talent Accelerator: unique programs designed to accelerate the leadership potential of high performing individuals to drive global innovation and business results.
- Insights for Success: We are committed to creating an inclusive environment and have invested in training for woman and underrepresented groups. Our Insights for Success program is offered to diverse employees to enhance their organizational and personal career success and ensure equitable leadership throughout the company.
- General Manager Development: We partner with the premier CEDEP organization to build our future General Manager talent through this internationally recognized program.
- Tuition reimbursement is available to eligible employees who, through their own initiation and desire for development, participate in accredited educational programs that their manager deems will be mutually beneficial to BMS and the employee.
- Up to 100% of qualifying tuition costs may be covered, based upon manager discretion and budget. Employees must meet all eligibility requirements in order to qualify.
We believe people learn the most through on-the-job experiences. With support and coaching from your colleagues, you’re encouraged to take on stretch assignments that maximize your learning experience.
Our work is challenging and you shouldn't have to go it alone. Connect with a more experienced colleague to be your sounding board and to help guide you forward. In addition to day to day coaching and mentoring, members of People and Business Resource Groups are provided mentor/mentee learning and development among employees on a global scale.
We believe in a Total Rewards experience that enriches your life today and engages and empowers you to save, perform, grow, and build toward all of your tomorrows. In celebration of the five generations that make up our workforce, we offer benefits to help you through every stage and milestone of life. We foster an energizing work experience, that through your choices, education and access, sustains our environment of well-being, individual accountability, productivity and safety. Total Rewards may differ based on country; the benefits described on this site are specific to those in the U.S. Please speak with your recruiter for more information.
We incent, recognize, reward and celebrate those who consistently embody our mission and behaviors to reach above and beyond, driving our business forward. We do this in a few ways:
- Compensation: Our competitive compensation program aligns with a pay-for-performance culture and an unwavering commitment to the company’s mission. We provide competitive base salaries and significant opportunities to earn variable compensation in the form of bonuses and/or stock-based compensation. Our variable pay plans reward a balance of individual and company performance.
- Bonuses: We win when we work together. That’s why our annual bonus plan rewards both individual and company performance, including the discovery and development of new medicines and the delivery of current medicines to the patients who need them. In addition, our sales incentive plans reinforce our commitment to delivering transformative medicines to patients by providing competitive incentive opportunities to our field sales professionals.
- Recognition Awards: We believe in the power of "thank you" and celebrating the extraordinary behaviors, efforts and achievements of our employees. With our global Bravo platform, you can recognize fellow employees from across the aisle or around the world, encouraging others to join in through social recognition.
- Employee Referral Program: When you refer a friend whose passion and talent are the right fit for us, and we hire them, you receive a cash bonus as thanks.
- Anniversaries: In celebration of our time together, we honor employee’s service milestones and continued commitment to our mission.
We are a culture of savers who recognize the value of saving early and often and seize the opportunities to do so. Our broad range of benefits opportunities can enrich your total rewards experience and financial readiness to take on whatever is next in your life:
- 401(k) Savings Plan: When you participate in our tax-advantaged 401(k) plan, we match your contribution dollar-for-dollar up to 6% of eligible pay for U.S. employees who do not participate in a collective bargaining agreement. For eligible employees, we make an annual additional company contribution as a percentage of your eligible pay based on age and service.
- Health and Insurance Benefits: You have the opportunity to choose from a variety of medical, dental and life insurance options to meet your and your family’s needs. Additional choices include vision care, legal services and identity theft protection.
- Disability Coverage: If you become disabled, our company-funded short- and long-term disability benefits ensure that all or a portion of your income continues so you can focus on getting better and returning to work.
- Tax-Advantaged Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts: Health savings and flexible spending accounts—available based on your medical plan option—give you the option to save and/or reimburse yourself on a tax-advantaged basis for eligible expenses. Additional eligibility rules apply, based on IRS requirements.
- Business Travel Coverage: We provide coverage for when you need help during business travel—from international assistance services in an emergency to urgent medical care and travel accident insurance.
- Scholarships for Employee's Children: Every year, we reward up to 50 undergraduate scholarships to children of employees.
- Charitable Donations: When you make a charitable donation to an eligible organization, we match it dollar for dollar.
Our paid vacation and holidays give you the flexibility to take time off to recharge and return refreshed and invigorated to deliver your best:
- Vacation: Beginning with your hire, we offer three weeks of vacation. Vacation time increases to four weeks at five years of service, five weeks at 15 years of service and six weeks at 25 or more years of service.
- Holidays: Nine fixed holidays and four optional holidays for celebrations that are meaningful to you.
- Sick Time: Paid time off for illness, and short-term and long-term disability plans for an extended absence mean you can focus on one thing: healing.
- Family Care Leave: For extended absences, paid and unpaid leaves offer extended time away from work so you can focus on what is important to you, such as adoptions, family and parent care. See also Life, Work & Family.
There’s more to a healthy person than a healthy body. Stress management, well-being, and integrating work with life all determine the energy we bring each day to our work, family and community. That’s why we provide a range of services, resources and encouragement to achieve and sustain good health.
- Health Care & Employee Health Services: We provide competitive medical and dental plans as well as our Living Life Better wellness program and, at our larger campuses, onsite employee health services that offer annual health screenings, flu shots, travel advice, job-related medical surveillance.
- Living Life Better: To support steps to a healthier life, we offer a web-based wellness platform that provides a number of health resources including online and telephonic health coaching, with the opportunity to earn wellness incentives through healthy actions.
- Fitness Centers: Available for membership at our larger campuses, fitness centers provide a wide range of workout equipment and classes.
- Pharmacy Benefits: When you enroll in one of our medical plans, pharmacy benefits are included.
- Retiree Health Care: Employees who retire from Bristol Myers Squibb currently have the option to enroll in our medical plan for retirees.
- Tobacco-Free Workplace: In support of a healthy work environment and our commitment to cancer prevention, we offer a tobacco-free workplace.
- Family Care Leave: We partner to offer eight weeks of paid leave to care for a new child or family member with a serious health condition. For birth parents, this is in addition to short term disability. Additional unpaid time may also be available. These policies are designed to be inclusive of the diversity of families at all life stages and to help you bring your best energy to the important work we do each day for patients.
- Adoption Assistance: In addition to eight weeks of paid leave for adoption, the adoption reimbursement program helps assist you with the financial costs associated with adopting a child.
- On-site Childcare & Childcare Discounts: Many of our larger offices include full-time, part-time, back-up daycare, and summer camp programs on our campuses.
- National Family Care Program: For when you need an extra hand, you can take advantage of a national network of providers for discounted child care, elder care and pet services.
- Resource and Referral Services: We partner with experienced, trained counselors to offer 24-hour telephone and online confidential support for life’s challenges, free of charge, no matter your location or situation. Topics and expertise include parenting and childcare, lactation, children’s education, and more.
- Elder Care: For employees with multi-generational caretaking concerns and responsibilities, we offer resources to help. These include guidance for home safety inspections for older adults, locating in-home care services, community resources, tips for paying for elder care medical needs, and more.
- Lactation Services: We also offer resources and referrals to help you prepare for motherhood, and private spaces for nursing mothers when returning to the workplace.
- Prenatal Program: Receive the support you need during pregnancy. In addition to self-study programs, medical practitioners offer over-the-phone consultations.
- Domestic Partner Benefits: Our benefits extend to all employees’ spouses, both opposite-sex and same-sex, as well as children.
- Flexible Ways of Working: We offer the opportunity to explore creative approaches to work that can help you be more effective and still meet business results. The company’s goal is to offer flexible options to better serve employees’ diverse needs and enhance bottom line results.
- Work/Life Seminars: Mid-day seminars cover a range of topics from leadership skills to parenting, so you can learn while you lunch.
For your convenience, we provide daily services that save you time. Many of these vary by location, such as:
- Cafeteria and catering services offering healthy options.
- "Grab & go" food stations.
- Kitchenettes with vending machines, free coffee and tea.
- On-site services depending on location, such as Federal Credit Union, dry cleaning, automobile detailing and massage therapy.
- Casual and appropriate dress.
Our Talent Community
Receive customized updates on our latest jobs, news and events when you join our network.Join